Saturday, January 3, 2009

Project 365

I decided that I would take at least a photo a day for each day of 2009. I wonder if I'll be able to keep up with it. I tried it a couple of years ago for just a month and wasn't able to keep it up. On Thursday morning (January 1, 2009) I went upstairs to open the curtains. When I opened the curtains in the guest room, there was a beautiful sunrise. I decided that it wouldn't last long enough for me to get dressed and go outside to take the photo, so I went downstairs and got my camera. By the time I got back upstairs and then changed the battery in my camera, the sunrise was fading. It's difficult taking a photo obliquely through a window. My mind saw the sunrise, not all the clutter in the view. And how was I to know that the camera would focus on the wire? I was full of thoughts on how I could journal about the sun rising not only on a new day, but also on a new year.

No comments: