Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 8

Today was a "hair" day - cut and color by Catherine. It doesn't usually look this good! I was never going to color my hair, but the color gives body to my hair and I can use all the help I can get in that regard. :) I've been blessed with the family "curse" - it seems that the majority of the females in my paternal line start loosing hair from the top of their heads when they reach adulthood. They don't go bald, but the hair on top continues to thin throughout their lives! So the coloring helps thicken my hair. I probably should have taken a before photo so you could see that it's not just vanity which causes me to color my hair. I do have some gray, but not a lot!

Another thing I noticed in this photo is how much eyelid I have! It won't be too many more years before I have to have eyelid surgery because my eyelashes won't be able to support my eyelid and I will have difficulty with my vision.

I took this photo in the upstairs bathroom. I need to become more proficient on the computer. I cropped this photo in Picasa so that it was basically a head and shoulders shot, but that isn't the version that appeared when I uploaded the photo. I know that in Picasa you can always go back to the original, but I really wanted to have the cropped version here and I don't know how to do that. Oh well, at least you can tell that I took this photo myself. You can also see a little of the bathroom decor.

1 comment:

Luly The Joyful Cropper said...

Ruth Ann you look beautiful! I love the hair color.